called to leak went and checked not adrop, scary no

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I went to sort a leak out which had come from behind the basin in the bathroom , i saw signs of it in living room went upstair,s ran hot/cold ,on basin /bath flushed wc nothing for half hour ,i checked under floor for waste pipe leak nothing , they thanked me for coming to check i came home and now you know,
any ideas anyone :?: :idea: :confused:

Sponsored Links
Tenants who let the basin overflow?

Now this tests those with experience!!! Did you put in the plug and fill to overflow level and let run for a few minutes???

"Thanked you" does that also mean "paid you" ???

Tony

paid me i wish , :eek: i, couldn,t charge the poor dear it,s not a rented property old couple,and after half an hour no leak and i did check the overflow still nothing ,
mabe the ghost moved or something eh, :LOL: :LOL:
or maybe he just uses the side of the basin every now and then who can tell? :evil: ;)

Sponsored Links
Newgas, learn to charge something for going to trouble of attending a call even if it is £15 to £20.00 unless you have a defect you cannot fix. Do not for a moment think there are RGIs with 100% success rate. Some will have you believe that but that is only a dream

My son went to fit a w/c for elderly neighbour.

A week later she phoned me and said the bathroom floor was wet.
Checked everything and all seemed fine.

Two weeks later she phoned again, checked for leaks and found nothing.
She phoned again and complained that bathroom floor was wet again.

By now there was a smell in the bathroom.

Turned out that elderly husband who had a recent stroke was in and out of hospital and wet floor only happened when he was home, easy answer he had a poor aim and missed pan completely.

Another problem semi solved :LOL:

Might be worth a look around where the waste pipe leaves the building. If it's not pointed up and has a fraction of fall the wrong way, the rain can come in if it really wants to.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back