Calling any Glow Worm experts!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all,

We have a Glow Worm 38cxi combi.

Unfortunately today it stopped working and was flashing with a low pressure warning.

I took the front cover off and noticed water running out from the main unit.

I then took the metal (silver) cover off and there was water everywhere! It seems to be coming from the bit circled in the picture below. Does anyone have any experience with this fault?

Many thanks in advance,

Chris

Sponsored Links
Unfortunately Thornton, you have gone a step too far and entered the sealed area of the boiler, this is the area of expertise that only a gas safe registered engineer should be in at.
Given the situation, I don't think you'll get any advice on this forum I'm afraid.

Unfortunately Thornton, you have gone a step too far and entered the sealed area of the boiler, this is the area of expertise that only a gas safe registered engineer should be in at.
Given the situation, I don't think you'll get any advice on this forum I'm afraid.
Oh that you could get a gas safe engineer in there without chopping him up

Sponsored Links
I have loads of experience in this fault. But I won't tell you.
What a pompous response.

This is a DIY forum.

I think gas2air was quite right not to advise the OP how to fix this DIY. I think he could maybe have put it a little more kindly, but if he had advised what the fault was, the OP may have been tempted to 'have a go at fixing it', and we have no idea as the OP's competence. Also this forum has quite clear rules regarding DIY gas advice.

Yes and because he was registered you had direct recourse for action and the issue was sorted with no harm to you and yours.

That is why there are rules.

FFS :rolleyes:

But only because I knew it did not look right, if I was not around and it was just my wife she would have accepted and trusted that the engineers fitting the boiler would have done it right- my flue elbow was just about sealed and over time could have come off filling the room with exhaust gases.
How many others would have accepted the install?

And the fitter who did mine will be fitting someone's else's tomorrow!

Sorry - that is irrelevant.

The rules are there to give you the right to have problems fixed.

If you had fitted the boiler and screwed up the flue and not realised, your wife would still have accepted it.

If something had happened what then?

DIY gas work is stoopid. giving advice to DIY'ers on gas work is stoooopid.

End of.

How are us professionals to know the competency of the people reading advice posted on these forums? Some of the questions asked are fricking scary.

very much doubt you would have got exhaust gas, but the boiler could have been drawing vitiated air causing poor burner performance, the inner flue has a lot of play and would have been sealed in that first picture but the second looks better even though the flue still is not secured properly and the air inlet is to close to the air brick.

Sorry - that is irrelevant.

The rules are there to give you the right to have problems fixed.

If you had fitted the boiler and screwed up the flue and not realised, your wife would still have accepted it.

If something had happened what then?

DIY gas work is stoopid. giving advice to DIY'ers on gas work is stoooopid.

End of.

How are us professionals to know the competency of the people reading advice posted on these forums? Some of the questions asked are fricking scary.

This could have been me
http://www.theguardian.com/uk/2012/mar/02/zoe-anderson-manslaughter-andrew-hartley

Just goes to show my point this poor lady did not know her install was doomed, this man is classed as competent.

This debate isn't about the abilities or lack thereof of some RGI's but about the rules on this forum about DIY gas advice, and if iirc wasn't your issue sorted with the help of experts that come on here during their free time for no cost giving out all types of advice.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back