Camping regs

Sponsored Links
no and no..

the RCD will be provided by the campsite and your flex needs to be 2.5mm²

there are pre-made sets available that will be safer and probably cheaper..

something like this will do..

If the RCD is aready at the camp site why do they still do hook ups with RCDs?

So they can charge you more money?

In any case, having a second RCD will do no harm, and if anything is a good idea as it will provide some element of protection should the RCD on the site's part of the installation be faulty.

Sponsored Links
so i could do that but use 2.5mm cable and not 1.5mm.

Well from what i saw they used contractum RCDs and MCBs

I contacted the seller about the RCD unit he said £15 for the unit and no RCD so i was going to fit a nice Hager or Merlin-gerin RCD and a 16A MCB.

Thanks
Jake

Links in this post may contain affiliate links for which DIYnot may be compensated.
Right this is what i want.
a 240V 16A unit i can use to go camping with. The items that are at the first post are the items i was going to use and as asking weather i can use them. The item on the 3rd post is what i'm trying to make just using a single 16A socket. make sense??

Thanks
Jake

the RCD will be provided by the campsite
IMO you should always provide your own RCD protection for mobile hookups. While campsites in britan are supposed to provide RCD protection I strongly suspect some of the ****tier ones don't and according to posts i've seen on another forum RCDs that spend years sitting in outdoor enclosures are not very reliable.

Have to admit to being a bit confused - if a single 16A outlet is enough, what's wrong with a 16A plug-socket extension lead? On the other hand, if you want something that will give you one or more 13A sockets, that would make more sense...?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back