Camray Quartet 90/110 Oil Bolier Lockout Problem

i carry a selection of capacitors, both Riello, plus 3 others cover everything likely to be encountered. As long as I haven't travelled lots of miles and its obvious from the start, about £45 all in ( I'm not VAT)
For such a common part, and cheap, I'm amazed any self respecting serviceman didn't have one. To make two trips obviously costs more, and if you have the brass neck to charge, and get £120 and sleep at night, then OK, but you won't get many references for it.

Sponsored Links
Its about time we gave just good advice and not slag others off,we all have to make a living.

We should not be offering price comparisons on here,thats for Moneyscam.com. :evil:

£120 inc VAT is about right for Travel Mileage labour and a Capacitor,
thats about what i would charge for this job (pity he did not have one on his van though my guys carry about 4 of these as it is a very common failure! ;)

Ok I need to move to Shropshire and not Suffolk
;)

The price I was charged included VAT.

The guy lives about 8 miles from me but obviously may not have come directly from home.

What the hell is "Travel Mileage" ?
I assumed labour charges included that unless I ask someone to come down from Shropshire to fix my boiler :D

Like you said "For such a common part, and cheap, I'm amazed any self respecting serviceman didn't have one."

I didn't want to create a fuss and use this as a price comparison site like you said everyone needs to make a living but to have quotes ranging from £45 to £120 is staggering for such a common simple to fix fault.

Conclusion: Maybe time to at least try out someone else. Times are hard and getting harder and I got kids to feed and cloth.

I appreciate all your comments and help so thanks again for that.

Sponsored Links
;)

The guy lives about 8 miles from me but obviously may not have come directly from home.

I assumed labour charges included that unless I ask someone to come down from Shropshire to fix my boiler :D

Like you said "For such a common part, and cheap, I'm amazed any self respecting serviceman didn't have one."

I didn't want to create a fuss and use this as a price comparison site like you said everyone needs to make a living but to have quotes ranging from £45 to £120 is staggering for such a common simple to fix fault.

Conclusion: Maybe time to at least try out someone else. Times are hard and getting harder and I got kids to feed and cloth.

You only knew it was a simple fault cos some blokes on here have spent years and money figuring it out.
Before you take your car to the garage next time for repairs see if you can figure it out first,maybe youll also guess what the CO/CO2 ratio was on your Boiler. :mad:

;)

You only knew it was a simple fault cos some blokes on here have spent years and money figuring it out.
Before you take your car to the garage next time for repairs see if you can figure it out first,maybe youll also guess what the CO/CO2 ratio was on your Boiler. :mad:

Yup both the blokes, one that charges £45 and one that charges £120

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back