can a plastic breadboard be cut?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
ive made a device which works very well and uses 25 holes of a 65
hole breadboard. can i cut it?
im afraid that the cut connecting wires at the place i cut it might touch each other
what do you advise please?

Sponsored Links
65 holes seems rather tiny for what I would reffer to as a breadboard, is there any chance of a picture of this creation of yours?

sorry,
i meant 65 holes length
letters A-J
+neg and pos at the sdes which makes about 700 holes
8"x2"
ive made a "zapper"
555 timer 5 resistors + 2 capacitors
hooked up to 12v battery
attatch 2 copper handles hold them in my hands and send a 6v charge
into the body
its effective in killing worms flukes bacteria etc
tens of thousands of people using them

I find it highly unlikely that such a circuit would be effectively killing anything. But if you plan to keep it long term I would strongly reccomend you move it to something more permanent like stripboard.

Sponsored Links
the board ive got is almost 1cm thick would that be a stripboard?
its not a thin plate type board

you think a living bacteria can stand a 6v charge?

the board ive got is almost 1cm thick would that be a stripboard?
its not a thin plate type board
That sounds like, a typical solderless breadboard, great for trying stuff out but **** for anything you want to last.

you think a living bacteria can stand a 6v charge?
probablly not but given the tiny size of the bacteria and the relatively huge size of the body they are inside the voltage across each bacterium will be much much lower than that.

why do you need a handful of componenents and a 12v battery to generate a 6v 'charge'??

Why not just use a 6v battery?

sorry,
i meant 65 holes length
letters A-J
+neg and pos at the sdes which makes about 700 holes
8"x2"
That's a breadboard, and it's meant for temporary circuits - training/learning/designing/experimenting. As you've observed, components just push in, and are not permanently fixed, and if you cut it you could well create faults on the internal connections.

Plus it's a ludicrously expensive way of doing it. For a permanent item use matrix board, or design and make your own PCB.

I'm amazed that anybody who's doing electronics wouldn't know about matrix board, or stripboard, but if anyone was, I guess you'd be a prime candidate... ;)

ive made a "zapper"
555 timer 5 resistors + 2 capacitors
hooked up to 12v battery
Battery?

Why not a hydrogen fuel cell?

attatch 2 copper handles hold them in my hands and send a 6v charge
into the body
its effective in killing worms flukes bacteria etc
Yeah, right.

I must talk to you sometime about an investment opportunity I have for you, you seem suitably credul^H^H^H^H^H^H astute...

thousands of people using them
I'm sure there are.. :rolleyes:

first i tried the roughest method
wet 2 fingers put each on pos and neg on a 12v
tap one terminal very quickly i read a 4v charge through the body
second rough method
wire copper tube to one terminal and hold it
wire another tube to the other terminal leave it on the table
then tap that one on the table with an unconnected tube in your other hand
its the tapping on off that gives the effect needed

first i tried the roughest method
wet 2 fingers put each on pos and neg on a 12v
tap one terminal very quickly i read a 4v charge through the body
second rough method
wire copper tube to one terminal and hold it
wire another tube to the other terminal leave it on the table
then tap that one on the table with an unconnected tube in your other hand
its the tapping on off that gives the effect needed
And then the beauty of creating life from death was realised...

Karloff__Boris__Frankenstein__03.jpg

He is barking mad!!!!!!!

Call the men in white coats; give him a teaching job, anything, just get him away from the rest of the normal human race

I'm off to mass! the end of the world is definitely approaching!

What happened to Darwins theory of evolution

:?: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :LOL: :LOL: :!: :!: :!:

Jikwan,

I'm doing something similar myself at the moment.
I read on the internet that if you disconnect the neutrals from your household appliances then the electricity company can't bill you for the electricity you use. (becuase the neutral is the wire that the electricity goes back to them on)
So they don't know how much you are using. Beware though, don't disconnect them all or else your bills will be £0.00 and they will notice something is going on.
I've just left my hair straighteners and my toasted sandwich maker connected normally (I use them both a lot so I still manage to get a 'reasonable' bill of £4 per month)
I'm amazed more people aren't doing it really - it's so obvious and it's saving me a fortune.

Another good one that I've nearly got working is my convered generator. I've removed the smelly old petrol burning engine and replaced with a super efficient (300%) motor. I use a battery to drive the motor, the motor drives the alternator (that used to be driven by the engine) and it generates electricity for me at 238v AC. I know what you are thinking though, how do I charge the battery? Easy really, my electricity at home is pretty much free these days (see above) but I can also use the 238v electric from the generator to charge the battery using a plug in charger.
Beware though if you try this, you MUST connect something to the output (238v AC) or else the generator spins faster and faster and will eventually fail when it gets to 403v. I just connect my sandwich toaster or kettle to use up some of the juice.
If I can get a 500% efficient motor, it'll work even better, but the limit seems to be about 400% due to friction and gravity and stuff.

Good luck with your experiments, don't let the laws of physics hold you back, people are starting to realise that the scientists who discovered them were funded by the US government to keep us all buying petrol.

My next project is to do the same as the generator in my car, the motor will power the car and I'll use the alternator (driven by the motor) to charge the battery up, as long as the motor is more efficient than the alternator (and over 134% - I don't know why this number) then it will keep the battery charged and I can drive around for free.

I read on the internet that if you disconnect the neutrals from your household appliances then the electricity company can't bill you for the electricity you use. (becuase the neutral is the wire that the electricity goes back to them on)
What do you mean "goes back to them"?

Have they been charging me for electricity all these years even though they get it back? Is it like a rental?

Is it worth getting my own electricity to keep, rather than keep renting theirs? Not sure I want to be bothered making my own, but can I buy it anywhere?

Or if you're making more than you need, would you like to sell some to me? What size containers does it come in?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back