Can a Radiator valve be used as cold water restrictor ?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
New fridge freezer, needs plumbing in for the cold water drinks dispenser.

The supplied fitting to connect the filter to the water supply has a size and thread equal to a radiator valve (the other end is to connect to 6mm plastic pipe) .
Is there any reason I can't used this as my shut off valve for the mains water supply instead of a normal water shut off valve and then I would require a matching coupling of some sort.

It means the coupling and shut off would be housed in one unit effectively, but I'm wondering if anyone knows that radiator valves aren't set up to take the pressure of mains water?

Thanks
Darren.

Sponsored Links
25555_P

this might be better and will take mains water.

Yeah, I know that's the right device but the supplied fitting for the filter has a huge thread on it , the same size as a radiator valve. If I use the above I still then have to get the up to the correct coupling size which then requires another piece.

Unless the above comes in a 15mm->Radiator size coupling ?

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back