can anybody help?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
i have a glow worm 30ci boiler. every morning the red light flashes and i have to put 1 bar of water pressure in it, whilst on the pressure rises high, i bleed the radiator several times until it holds its own. when switched off the red light flashes within a few minutes the pressure has gone. the overflow pipe is not dripping. the other day when the boiler was on it lost pressure when the hot tap was running but this could have been a one off i\\\'m not sure yet? can anybody help, is it the expansion tank? and what can i do? please help

Sponsored Links
Have a look through the forum. Loads of problems with the pressure in combi boilers has been covered.
See mine as a prime example. Not great news but not the end of the world. :LOL: :LOL:

unlikely to be exp. vess. it would discharge down the prv pipe it could be a system leak /hydrogen in the system/ blocked exp. tube or even faulty wiring harness they throw out all sorts of faults have changed several in past year and cured all manner of faults needs a competent eng. to check it out

Not sure about hot water problem but had similar case last week. Due to the recent cold spell, after every test known to me i found a bad leak under the floor boards on ground floor. This was due to almost non-existant insulation, luckily there was enough space under floor boards to crawl around the pipe work to find the leak. Not sayin that's the problem but it's worth eliminating. :idea:

Sponsored Links
gasgeezer said:
unlikely to be exp. vess. it would discharge down the prv pipe it could be a system leak /hydrogen in the system/ blocked exp. tube or even faulty wiring harness they throw out all sorts of faults have changed several in past year and cured all manner of faults needs a competent eng. to check it out

He did say that the "overflow" pipe is not dripping. I thought it most likely that the "overflow" was the PRV outlet.

If the PRV isn't blowing, then there must be a hole in the system somewhere. Either in a pipe (I know all about holes in pipes!) or a radiator, or possible in the heat exchanger in the boiler.

The lack of pressure when you run the hot tap makes me suspicious if a fault inside the boiler.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back