Can Gas Heating Be Converted to Oil Central Heating?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello.

I am looking to buy a place, but in the meantime will have to rent. The house that I will be renting is also up for sale and falls within my price range.

The house is a chalet bungalow. The rooms are,

Downstairs: Ent. Hall, Lounge, Kitchen diner (2 heaters), bedroom 3, bathroom.

Upstairs: Landing, cloakroom, bedroom 2, bedroom 1.

All of these rooms have heaters except the landing and upstairs cloakroom which may or may not but I can't remember.

There is no gas supply to the village where the property is so all of the properties either have night storage (which I hate), oil or gas off bottles.

Now the heating in this property has gas off bottles. The boiler is in the loft (off of the landing) and this is where the gas from the bottles it put into the heating system. I really hate lofts (particularly in older age) and don't want the risk of gas bottles in my house.

I was wondering if it was

a). Possible to convert the heating from bottled gas to oil without buying brand new radiators etc. and

b). If so, how much will it cost to put in aproximately?

Kind regards,

Jonathan.

Sponsored Links
1. Yes, you would need a new boiler (and oil tank) and that wouldn't normally be able to be fitted in the loft.

2. I could quote you but I would need to come and see it. And as you are in Suffolk that isn't going to happen. It is impossible to give you much idea over the internet withouit seeing the job, £5K would be a good place for you to think about though.

Finally, if you are storing gas bottles in the loft you can forget about renting it out. :eek:

Rough rule of thumb. If you have a STD 2 pipe system, the rads and pipework can stay.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back