converting from oil to gas

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I am looking at buying a house that has oil central heating, can anyone give me a rough idea as to what it would cost to convert to gas, i am thinking where the property is it wont be on the mains so will need a tank.

I understand there could be verious things that could effect a price but i have no idea about this

Thanks

Brett

Sponsored Links
You will be better to stay on oil.
Running costs will be lower than LPG. Boilers are more reliable and easier and cheaper to fix.
You can still have LPG for cooking and a fire should you want one
run off bottles. The 47kg bottles run for ages when used on a cooker.

The installation costs lpg tank can be very expensive too. Plus the cost of rental every year.

thanks for that

for some reason i thought oil was more expensive, and as that was the only reason i was thinking about converting

Brett

thanks for that

for some reason i thought oil was more expensive, and as that was the only reason i was thinking about converting

Brett
I bought a property in July that had LPG, whilst I was looking for a property I noticed most seemed to have oil, I wasnt fussed, but on doing research I came up with LPG being the cheaper to run.
I think there was info on here that gave all the techie stuff.

Sponsored Links
oil should be cheaper but if you do decide to go LPG contact a supplier they will usually supply and install the tank but you have to agree to buy your gas from them for a given period

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back