Can I bodge it with bonding? (Run out of tile adhesive)

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I did the last bit of tiling here a couple of days ago, and used up all the tile adhesive that was left. Unfortunately, when checking them today they were a couple of loose ones I had to remove. I don't want the hassle of going to a merchant and of buying a whole tub of adhesive, even a small one, for just two tiles, one of which is only a small cut. There're several sacks of bonding here though, and I was wondering if I could use a bit of bonding as a substitute for tile adhesive on just these two tiles? :D

Many thanks. :)

Sponsored Links
I hope you like to do a job twice then!

I am guessing this tiling is in a kitchen or bathroom. What have you spent on the project already, £1000? £2000? It is annoying for you, but for the sake of a fiver it really is a false economy! In 6 months when the tiles fall off again, and break, and you need to buy a whole box of new tiles to get two, you will kick yourself!

"Spoiling the ship for a ha'penny o' tar" as sailors might say.

Sponsored Links
1. Tile falls off wall.
2. Tile chips bath/basin/floor.
3. Replace broken tile.
4. Repair and/or replace bath/basin/floor.

All this for a FIVER.

Sounds like an Iceland deal, you buy it but you don't want any of it.

Is it really worth it????

Nuts,

I couldn't sleep knowing I had fixed tiles like that.

I've run out of junction boxes, can I complete my rewire by sellotaping some wires together?

Never mind, I've found some spare silicon. ;)

My central heating header tank has no water in it. Can I spit in it lots?

Don't be daft, that won't work!

Find some spare silicon. ;)

I remember, in a rented flat, replacing a four tiles using polyfilla as a fixer, but Jointing with correct grout ... They remained in place for at least 3 years !

P

pipme said:
I remember, in a rented flat, replacing a four tiles using polyfilla as a fixer, but Jointing with correct grout ... They remained in place for at least 3 years !
Oh dear, you've upset PITT dan now :LOL:

Blue Tak would be better, a bit thicker.

That's just creating problems for the future. How would he remove them again later if he didn't like them :LOL: ?

Wouldn't have to, by the time the tiles falls off, it's time to re-decorate :LOL:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back