Can I change my alarm keypad

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, I have just moved into a new property and I have a alarm system installed only thing is its a really old system which uses a key to activate it, this is temprimental and will only work when it feels like it, the siren and sensors themselves look in good condition.

I was wondering if I could change the control pannel for a new modern keypad one? if so how do I do this....thanks in advance.

Sponsored Links
well its a Logic4 (old system) its no big deal if not as I will just have a new system installed, just don't fancy having to pull old wires out but if it has to be done then so be it :)

Too old even for Ebayer.
Try a Veritas or a scantronic (Cooper) alarm to replace using the existing cables if they test okay.

Sponsored Links
scarp it if its that old, check your wires etc, make sure you have enough sensors in the right locations, if not run more cable.

new panel, new external bell box new internal sensors, fit it your self, using pro gear for next to nothing, help here if you need it.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back