Can I change the DHW sensor myself on my boiler - or is it connected to the Gas?

nson said:
I should expect to enjoy being the "someone else" but in most cases I am dealing with a customer who has already paid £400 and has an intense dislike of heating engineers and even complains about my £84 to fix it properly

Do you rock up with your underpants on the outside Tony? :LOL:

Personally i don't this has anything to do with a fault on the boiler.[/QUOTE]

He could rock up with knickers on his head as far as im concerned, as long as he fixed the fault 1st time round!!!

cheezysmile.gif

think me computers fooked?

but the shower was literally just moved from one wall to another - nothing was unplumbed for it.
Eh!!!
So how did the water get from the old position to the new position. Magic, pixie dust, the Force.
The plumber will have disconnected and ran pipes to new position, he may have crossed these.

Pixie dust I think. Ok - point taken. So it would seem that I, yet again, have to come along behind a "professional" tradesman and sort out poor (and expensive) "workmanship"
I have to do this all the time mate ....Most professional plumbers are "Shyte"!!!!!!
banghead2.gif

Last edited:
Sponsored Links
Hi. I have done that and the hot tap is still running.... How can i remedy this?

Thank you Dan. I will give it a go at the weekend. How close to the taps do the valves need to be?

Sponsored Links
I thought you would have been asked to do that at first

You know what they say about assumptions. You're normally quicker to ask these things. I thought I'd hold back and see.

Seems Jedi was too slow too. Makes you wonder why he bothers to show his stupidity by posting advice. His other contributions recently have been most amusing.

What do I get for being right @Dan Robinson
And I'm just a dumb manufacturer I know nothing about plumbing or systems ;)

Ok - so I have tried that - put them on the shower and the bath - but no change. still the same problem. when I isolate the cold feed to the boiler and turn on the hot - there is still cold water coming out of the taps - does this just mean that I have to put them on ALL of the taps in the house?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back