Can I check if a powerflush was done with my new boiler inst

I think you will find that the manufactuers only require a system clean in accordance with BS7593:1992 not a powerflush.

BS7593 was re-issued in 2006, it recommends the use of power flushing as the most efficient method of cleaning existing systems to restore the energy efficiency of the overall system.

Sponsored Links
Recommends is not must use . Those who do installs all the time know when a power flush is needed and when it isn`t.
Powerfush is a cash generator and too many people are getting ripped off by paying for something they don`t really need.

With all this spliting hairs namsag has capped it off in two sentences, some of you, one in particular, need to re-assess your needs /wants for power flushing.
I took to power flushing last year, what a waste of time, money and energy.
my policy now is, quote for works, win quote and return to drain flush and add cleaner to system, then return in week or so to flush system, fit new boiler and clean and add inhibitor.
This work is carried out in around 4/5 hours,and I work on my own now.

Tony, You for one are someone who should not be preaching/advocating the merits of power flushing on here, unless your memory has failed you and your now of a different agenda.

;)

Some dubious installers quote for installing a boiler and then quote extra for power flushing.

If the customer chooses to do without the powerflush then the installer still fits the boiler anyway!

Any installer has a duty to fit the boiler on a clean system otherwise its not fitted in accordance with the manufacturer's requirements.

If I fit a boiler then I treat the system as I think fit but I give a full guarantee on anything that I have done.

I call the plastic container the X100 comes in a "can" for speed of writing and I put them in the customer's bin so that he can see I have used quality products. Sometimes I give them to him to show what I have used and so that he can read the instructions.

Tony

Sponsored Links
There would be no need to give them the can tony as it tells them in the benchmark what you have used.
Be honest here how many boilers do you fit a year .Less than half a dozen i would say

Some dubious installers quote for installing a boiler and then quote extra for power flushing.
This may well be true Tony, but it only becomes dubious if a flush of any kind has not been performed.

If the customer chooses to do without the powerflush then the installer still fits the boiler anyway!
As I would do, only a system cleaner will still be introduced several days before.

Any installer has a duty to fit the boiler on a clean system otherwise its not fitted in accordance with the manufacturer's requirements.
No argument there, in total agreeance.

If I fit a boiler then I treat the system as I think fit but I give a full guarantee on anything that I have done
Well fair play to you Tony.

I call the plastic container the X100 comes in a "can" for speed of writing and I put them in the customer's bin so that he can see I have used quality products. Sometimes I give them to him to show what I have used and so that he can read the instructions.

Personally, I stick the rip off label to the benchmark.:cool:

;)

Personally, I stick the rip off label to the benchmark.:cool: ;)

Exactly as I do, a man after my own heart, along with a print out of the combustion analysis and tightness test performed upon commissioning.

;)
Personally, I stick the rip off label to the benchmark.:cool: ;)

Exactly as I do, a man after my own heart, along with a print out of the combustion analysis and tightness test performed upon commissioning.

;)

Looking forward to meeting you and Tony and the chaps come ARGI meet.
Will be bringing a fiend, and judging the merits of being a member. :LOL:

I think you will find that the manufactuers only require a system clean in accordance with BS7593:1992 not a powerflush.

BS7593 was re-issued in 2006, it recommends the use of power flushing as the most efficient method of cleaning existing systems to restore the energy efficiency of the overall system.

Well WB don't .On their approved installer course they deal with water quality and the use of TDS meters and PH meters but the actual cleaning of the system they leave to the installer to decide,least that was my understanding.

The lecturer who was a WB service engineer basically said that PF was b@llax and he wouldn't personally do it unless the system was badly fouled.

Having said that all of my quotes now include for PF and a magnaclean filter as standard with X800 and X100.

I've had bitter experience of a boiler manufacturer hiding behind water quality rather than admit that their boilers are carp.

TBH Tony, a power flucsh aint wht it is, and I know as a PRIVATE WB installer any boiler swap or new install aint looked down upon in a warranty sdituation.

Wb are good for what they say, and installer error, al4though common with some they honour what they say.

;)

There would be no need to give them the can tony as it tells them in the benchmark what you have used.
Be honest here how many boilers do you fit a year .Less than half a dozen i would say

I go to a lot of warranty calls where the Benchmark says the system has been treated with X400 and X100 and yet it still looks like black tea complete with the tea leaves!

Its standard procedure because the installer thinks that if he puts that then the manufacturer will clean the plate HE for him. ( wrong ! ) It does not mean that he actually used any chemicals.

I stick the X100 label on the boiler because the Benchmark Certificate gets lost or filed in the non retrieval system.

Tony

A really good pipefitter fits Alphas beautifully the pipework is a work of art. He charges a high price for his work.

He mains flushes and uses the chemicals he filled his garage with before leaving British Gas.

He fits only Alphas and plenty of them. not only that but because he is well known he has brought quite a few other installers along.

All the sludged up plate heat exchangers I went to in his area were his. Because he was highly valued by Alpha we sorted it.

Alpha in house repair man over my area said to me right at the beginning. "Alpha is a sales led organisation. They see the installer as their customer. People have the boiler he recommends. So if we find anything wrong we have a quiet word with him but we put it right"

Of course you don't see any of the unsafe situations you see in b and q and Wickes sold boilers.

I stick the X100 label on the boiler because the Benchmark Certificate gets lost or filed in the non retrieval system. Tony

Yes so do I, but I stick the small seperate top section of the label in the benchmark book.

I think this is what Craig was refering to as well.

Having spoke to a few reps from worcester baxi/potterton basically they said they don`t worry to much about upsetting installers regards flushing isues as they make more money out of the sales to them than any warranty comebacks and don`t want to lose there custom.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back