Can I do any work on CH installation?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I hope to replace my old Potterton Profile 60e Boiler, which is on it’s last legs, with a Combi and I of course I know that only Corgi registered installers can carry out such work.

In order to save on an engineers time and costs as the finances are a bit tight at the moment is there any preparatory work I can carry out myself. Am I allowed to say; remove the old boiler (of course after shutting off the gas supply at the meter); remove the HW cylinder; hang the new boiler (not connecting any gas and/or water pipework) and cut a new 100mm flue hole through the outer wall.

I have the necessary skills to carry out the work but of course it’s dependant on what I am or am not legally allowed to do and to find a company prepared to complete the installation and commissioning of the system. Can anyone give me some guidance.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back