Status
Not open for further replies.
G3 says this:

A hot water storage system that has a hot
water storage vessel which does not incorporate
a vent pipe to the atmosphere shall be installed
by a person competent to do so, and there shall
be precautions—

and just how do you propose to prove competency without a certificate :rolleyes:

Sponsored Links
I'm competent to fly a plane.... I googled how, so I know how to fly one... Anyone coming for a trip down to Rio? :confused:

I've followed this with a vested interest - I have a Megaflow cylinder that drips water from the overflow. I think it's the cylinder as thre's no tank anywhere and it happens when nobody is washing, and I think I understand how it works even though there's pipes and valves everywhere!

Can I legally work on this and fix the fault?

No you can't, but by all means you carry right on ahead after all it's your house (presumably) and your family and neighbours that's at risk.

Sponsored Links
and just how do you propose to prove competency without a certificate :rolleyes:

He did the job correctly with no faults.

Competent.

He did the job with faults.

Incompetent.

I think that in a court of law somebody with the ticket who made an error would be "competent but made a mistake or was negligent" but somebody without the ticket would be deemed incompetent - proved by his own actions.

No you can't, but by all means you carry right on ahead after all it's your house (presumably) and your family and neighbours that's at risk.

Oh, OK. Thanks :(

I guess if I go on one of those £175 courses I'd be allowed to work on it? That'd be money well spent, if I save the labour costs on someone servicing and fixing it :)

Oh, OK. Thanks :(

I guess if I go on one of those £175 courses I'd be allowed to work on it? That'd be money well spent, if I save the labour costs on someone servicing and fixing it :)

are you a member of a recognised body? the G3 course aint for members of the public.

Goldfud look at the second page part B I posted it clearly states the tickets required for unvented.

are you a member of a recognised body? the G3 course aint for members of the public.
I'm a member of the human race - is that good enough?

I just took the BPEC aptitude test and got 93.3% at my first attempt. Is this good enough?

I've followed this with a vested interest - I have a Megaflow cylinder that drips water from the overflow. I think it's the cylinder as thre's no tank anywhere and it happens when nobody is washing, and I think I understand how it works even though there's pipes and valves everywhere!

Well I'm sorry but I don't think that it is the cylinder. Please advise which tank you think is not there... Headder tank? Expansion vessel?... some Megaflows don't have expansion vessels. Although you believe that you understand them, I'm sorry but I don't feel you do.... And that is the danger!

I don't know what you think I don't understand. I'm not imagining a tank not being there - there's nothing in the loft at all. If it isn't the cylinder doing its dripping then I don't see what else it can be.

There is an expansion vessel, but the water isn't coming from the valve on top.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsored Links
Back