Can I fit bath this way?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi Folks,
Will be fitting a bath shortly and was wondering if I could harness it this way. (drawing). I want to rebate my baton so the lip of the bath sits in it. I am thinking that this will stop a lot of movement when full. Can anyone give me any disadvantages to this please.
Many thanks

Sponsored Links
wouldn't use gripfill- silicon sealant instead. Only problem may some throught creaking of bath against timber, but should be fine.

Silicone all the parts that will be in contact with the timber (underneath and in the rebate) and also the wall.
As the silicone is flexible it acts as a cushion and it has great adhesion.

Sponsored Links
I find that timber without nocth to support bath, with a expanding foam to hold and stick in place, then the bath on top straight away, let foam go off and then cut away whats left, run a beed of silicone down the bath then tile with the norm bed of silicone on bath and tile does the trck.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back