Can i laminate over this ?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,
I am in the process of ripping up 2 yes 2 layers of lino in the kitchen in order to lay a random tile effect slate effect laminate over a combilay underlay.
Question is, when ripping up the original lino i am getting various levels coming up, some areas the lino comes up easy and in others it takes up the glue with it creating these differences in levels. Can i just lay the underlay over this (as recommended by the guy in the shop but i didn't expect it to happen as the test piece came up no problem) ????

of=50,590,441

Sponsored Links
I wouldn't like to say definitively, it would depend greatly on the amount of height difference and the size of the low areas. I know it would be a ball aching job from the photo, but I would say safer to get the floor as level as possible otherwise it will bounce.

Take the old adhesive up as levelling compounds won't work with it. Your finished floor will move fractionally up & down on that glue.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back