Can I lower kitchen waste line below the entry to stack?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Can I lower the kitchen pvc waste pipe line to be as close to the floor as possible, still going at a slope, and then back up into the end of the line into the main waste column / stack thing by using a p-trap or any other layout?

or if anyone can recommend a way for me to have the drawer in between the columns?

I also thought about moving or rerouting the hot and cold water pipes over close to right column where the waste line ends but I wouldn't know how to do that and I think I need a plumber for that but I am confident in doing the waste line.

In between the two columns I was going to put a 1000mm kitchen base cabinet and put drawers in it. My issue is that the pipe will go across the cabinet and I would have to cut the cabinet and will be unable to have drawers.

[/img]

Sponsored Links
Not a good idea. You will create a giant waterfilled trap, ideal for accumulating gunk and gunge, therefore a blockage looking to happen.

Water/gunk/gunge will accumulate in the pipework below the dotted line:
View media item 49062

Sponsored Links
In a word NO!

It will cause a water filled trap and cause big problems in the future.

Charnwood has it spot on.........................well done counter boy.

Andy

any ideas then?

any help is much appreciated.

I was also thinking about using a 90 bend at the end of first column, putting line behind plaster wall, still at a slope and then another 90 bend towards the beginning of the second column and then straight into the stack?

would this work? using 90 bends and putting line behind plaster wall? or just through it and still have access to the pipe if need be?

would this work? using 90 bends and putting line behind plaster wall? or just through it and still have access to the pipe if need be?
If I was doing it that way I'd do it with 45 degree bends, and preferably solvent weld.

And less of the 'counter boy', please. ;)

What's this, a solid column?
View media item 49072

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back