Can I move to an unvented hot water system ?

Yup, it's a drench type shower head; reasonable choice. Can you change the pipework from the kitchen to the megaflow to 22mm, and get a 25mm MDPE pipe into the kitchen. It'd be a shame to get a great new system in, and then find you need a rota system to use the showers.

Sure we can, but as I previously said this'll be quite destructive as we've just a had a new kitchen put in and the 15mm cold water feed to the existing cylinder is behind plaster etc so not really not an option without great cost and disruption to what we've already done. Its a shame, the 15mm issue has only came to light recently - otherwise we would have had it done before the kitchen went in. Cant think of everything. Hey ho.

Interestingly, the hot water feed from the cylinder is 25mm and then reduces to 15mm for each branch lol. Maybe I ought to accept defeat, stick with the gravity system, put a pump in and increase the size of the cylinder ?

Sponsored Links
Can you leave the 15mm pipe in the wall,and run a new feed somewhere else - think outside the box. You could try putting in just 1 pump from the tank, and then see how the system works, and upgrade afterwards if necessary.

ok, done another test. This time with the pressure gauge attached and the water flowing from another outlet to give flow pressure ?. The results of this is 1 bar. Does this give any further clues ?

Sponsored Links
ok, done another test. This time with the pressure gauge attached and the water flowing from another outlet to give flow pressure ?. The results of this is 1 bar. Does this give any further clues ?

Only if you measured the flow rate from the "another outlet".

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back