can i paint damp seal over weathershielded masonry/render

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
The outside rendering between upstairs and downstairs windows had dulux weathershield paint on but is still slightly damp on interior after heavy rain. Especially this last week. Can I paint Johnsons damp seal onto this paint?
I have filled some hairline cracks in too, but wanted to see if damp seal would help too.
Thanks

ILM [/b][/i]

Sponsored Links
No. Better working at getting the Weathershield to operate properly.

Sounds like you have solid walls ... Yes ?

What happens is that moisture is drawn in by capillary action through microscopic cracks and cannot evaporate through the impervious render and so works its way through to the inside wall.

With a cavity wall you wouldnt notice but a solid wall its the luck of the draw wether it happens or not.

Masonary paint is no guarantee in stopping the aforementioned problem
its impervious as well.

Depending how bad the damp is determines really how you wish to prevent the moisture ingress.

Sponsored Links
As the dulux weathershield is on I presume I have no other options but to continue with this paint unless I have it re-rendered?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back