Can I replace a dial Heating Thermostat with a Digital

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi

Please can someone advise me if I can replace a manual dial Heating Thermostat Controller with a new Digital display or is there wiring issues?

My heating system is aa Combi Boiler Type
I have added a similar image of my current Thermostat

Kind Regards

Paul Wilson

Sponsored Links
No problem if you get on suitable for the boiler switching. (240v or volts free)

No problem if you get on suitable for the boiler switching. (240v or volts free)
Have a look in the OP's profile at the pic of his stat. It's a bog standard Honeywell 230v stat.

PWIL

I suggest you fit a Honeywell DT90E - it can go in the same place as your existing stat.

If you are doing it yourself here are some instructions:

Turn the power OFF before you start

Remove old stat from wall Make a written note of which colour wire goes to which terminal (there will be two or three wires).

The wire connected to terminal 2 is not required with the new stat, so you should make it safe (connect to a terminal block and hide behind the wall)

The wire connected to Terminal 1 goes to Terminal A of your new stat

The wire connected to Terminal 3 goes to Terminal B of your new stat

Terminal C of the new stat is not used.

I don't altogether trust Similar to what I have images Dave.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back