Can I Solder This Type Of Plastic Pipe? (With Pics)

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
:LOL:

Now that I have your attention!

DSC_0334.jpg

Can I solder chromed copper pipe as normal? I've just soldered this as a test run so to speak but i'm unsure if the joint would be any good, its in the central heating system.

Also another question....i'm running a pipe between my lounge and conservatory (15mm) should I add some kind of sleeve where it passes through the various layers of brick/thermoshite?

Thanks in advance :)

Any ideas what kind of drill would be best used for this and where to purchase?

Sponsored Links
if you scrap off the chrome yes you can

it looks like shyte but you can do it

thanks mate, doesn't matter about the end thats scratched off as thats in the lounge and will prob get painted anyway or boxed in!

Sponsored Links
If you have a cavity wall to drill, you will need something like a 20mm X 400mm masonry drill.

Although it sounds like you should be able to fit a 15mm pipe through a hole drilled with a 16mm drill, in reality the inevitable dust left in the hole will jam the pipe.

Winding a 20mm bit through a wall is working on the limits of the average DIY hammer drill, but it is possible.

any pipework passing through brick/block construction should allways be sleeved even if its only 100mm. on 15mm pipe an easy sleeve is 20mm overflow pipe.

You shouldn't really put a central heating rad in your conservatory, assuming that is what you are doing.

Fully controlable electric heating should be used, unless the conservatory is non-exempt and being inspected by building control.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back