Can I spray paint on?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi everyone. :D

I have a timber clad house and in the past I have used Sadolin Superdeck, which is great paint. I was just wondering if I could use a sprayer to do the job more quickly? I have contacted the 'expert helpline' and they say I can't because the paint is too thick. Now, I'm sure the lady I spoke to is an 'expert' becasue that is the advice she has written down in front of her, ....I would really like to hear what other peoples views are.

By chance I also have another job which requires a lot of Sadolin 'one coat' if I had a sprayer I could also use it for this as well, but again the advice is the paint can't be thinned so cannot be sprayed, surely it must be possible to get a sprayer that can handle thick paint?? :p

Thanks in advance.

Mr Cheese

Sponsored Links
Just had a look at the data sheet and it doesnt mention it can be sprayed.
The one coat stuff will be even thicker so i'd say definate no to that. Thinning probably affects the integrity of the coating thats why it cant be sprayed and also a lot of external paints have bits (cant think of the name) in them to reflect light that would destroy a tip although i dont think superdec does.
I know you can spray barn paint which is good stuff.

Other thing is exterior spraying can be difficult and by the time you've masked everything (including your neighbours cars) you could have brushed it on

I know you can spray barn paint which is good stuff.

Really, thats interesting, I've seen my neighbour using barn paint and it looks like thick stuff. I just can't believe there isn't a sprayer out there that can't be used.. :confused:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back