Can I use my hot water on a combi boiler without the CH?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi there,

I have had a new radiator installed so my CH system is currently drained awaiting the plasterer. I cant connect the CH system back together until the Plasterer has been.

Can I still use the hot water and have the combi boiler on?

Thanks in advance for your help,

Branston

Sponsored Links
No, the system needs to be filled & pressurized before you can use it for HW. Close the valves on the pipes leading to the rad you've removed & fill it up, then you can use it.

But do beware if one of the rad valves is a thermostatic valve you should cap it off as it may open due to an air temperature drop and pass water onto your floor ! :(

If whoever drained the system had thought forward ( as I would have done ) then he would have isolated the boiler and left it pressurised to give you hot water!!!

I cannot be sure but its possible the Vaillant 824/828 can be filled when isolated. Possibly that aweful Worcester as well, is it the 24cdi ?

Tony

Sponsored Links
most combis can . only problem arises from internal bypass being too small therefore locking out occurs

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back