Can someone identify this plumbing part?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I noticed some bath fillers for sale have a metal pipe part which comes from the overflow area (pictured below), and others do not.

Would anyone happen to know what this is?

Thanks.

s-l500.jpg

Sponsored Links
It's a bath filler, allows the overflow section to be connected up to a mixer/blending/TMV valve and fill the bath through the overflow section. Basically allows the taps to be done away with.

It's a bath filler, allows the overflow section to be connected up to a mixer/blending/TMV valve and fill the bath through the overflow section. Basically allows the taps to be done away with.
Thanks Madrab. It was really the metal tube to the right that I had meant. Though I think now it's probably an overflow pipe.

It's the supply pipe to the filler. The overflow is the white plastic tube

Sponsored Links
Apols, should have been clearer. As muggles mentions the metal pipe is the filler supply pipe.

There is an outlet just behind the chrome overflow cover which is part of the overflow section. Connect that pipe up to a mixer/TMV, that then allows you to fill the bath from there without installing taps. If you have a spare 45mins of course as I figure the flow won't be the highest.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back