Can these pipes be moved back?

Sponsored Links
Where does the flexible grey pipe on the condensate lead to, I can see it leading to the outside but I cannot see it outside?

Surely its not just left draining into the wall cavity?

Blimey...

I do find it amusing that he doesn't like soldering because it doesn't look neat... then does that.

Is the boiler level yet?

Why are the elbows INSIDE the cupboard that is designed to tightly house a tumble drier?

When he pulls up outside can you see if he is licking his van windows on the approach :LOL:

Perhaps you should invite him to view the forum postings and see what we think of his handy work?

The boiler is not level, he said this was to do with half the wall being tiled and half not... I have no idea why he used the elbows inside...

No idea where that grey pipe goes tbh..

Am gonna get another guy round to have a look. It's my work mates friend who is a heating engineer, I have seen his work this time. Shame I didn't ask my workmate if he knew anyone before this guy appeared..

no point in getting him back tbh as he will use 20 more push fits just to re-route the pipe in the small cupboard space. will see what the new guy has to say.

Sponsored Links
image-jpg.82153

Errm... the tiles are along the lower half of the boiler which might make the bottom be slightly further out than the top in the vertical plane.

Doesn't quite explain why the moron thinks that that is a reason for it to be leaning over like a drunk one legged giraffe after half a bottle of absinthe.

Jesus wept. :LOL:

Lol Dan you crack me up

Dude as long as you can still laugh it isn't the end of the world. Ther one saving grace is that he was £500 cheaper than the rest, so try and see that as breaking even assuming the others would have got it right first time.

Please report this doughnut to Gas Safe though before the other chap does any work... at least let the muppet feel some heat for a while even if nothing much comes from it.

Well thanks all for all the help, advice, humour and listening to my woes. The saga has come to an end somewhat. Although I will post an update once the new guy comes round. He will no doubt share the sentiment of you all. I have contacted Gas Safe for an inspection so if anything comes of it I will let you know as well.

Dan- you are one funny man and clearly a good engineer. Thanks for all your help.

Wish I had found this forum before this nugget had come round but we live and learn.

Thanks for the compliments :D.

But my blood was seriously boiling on your behalf. You only came on here to see about fitting a fricking tumble drier.

Genuinely feel sorry for you on this front.

Thanks for keeping us updated.... it gets frustrating sometimes when we give advice but never know the outcome.

Will be keen to see what your new chap comes up with.

No idea where that grey pipe goes tbh

You should probably try to find out. It ought to be connected to your drains, and maybe it is. If it just disappears behind the units or into the wall cavity, that needs fixing.

I'm also curious about where the pressure relief valve vents to. I'm not familiar with this boiler; is it the white plastic thing I can see in some of your photos, towards the right of the bottom of the boiler? Does it go through the wall?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back