CAN WE BAN TROLLS i.e MR ALARM from YALE Threads

Status
Not open for further replies.

. or a responce for someone possibly being attacked.

you mean turning up after 30mins or so and finding the dead body

And you accuse me of moaning about physical security. You scaremunger.
The police say they will attend, if some prat has shot someone in the first minute then yes that might happen.

Stop relying on stuff you know nothing about. This is why we fit to standards.
Have virtually stopped false alarms, now its usually user error.

When you know what your talking about get back to us, in fact you should be deffinately stopped from comenting on whay you clearly do not know or understand.

Sponsored Links
I have just had experience of a professionally installed alarm on a property I work from.
The landlord had an alarm company come in and fit a monitored G3 system.
For three days I was getting calls from my staff at 7am as the alarm was going off.

Who'd have thought it a professional being advised by an amateur.
Hmmm
Something not quite right with the above.

you are a joker same old nonsense conning people into buying expensive over priced 'security' that everyone ignores when its triggered and slow response times which comes WELL after the facts.

You have a vested interest in this CON i dont!

Err, another own goal there.
A DT REQUIRES BOTH TECHNOLIGIES to trigger.

Again you make yourselves look silly. Stick with the DIY stuff you like and let us fit the ones most often needed for insurance or a responce for someone possibly being attacked.

Look up how and why a DT works.

Hey don't shoot the messenger , obviously in that case the ir was picking up when it shouldn't have been maybe even a signal from the radiator it was pointing to. Who knows , all I know is the solution worked and I haven't had a 7am phonecall since.

Sponsored Links
you are a joker same old nonsense conning people into buying expensive over priced 'security' that everyone ignores when its triggered and slow response times which comes WELL after the facts.

You have a vested interest in this CON i dont!
Do you have verifiable statistical evidence regarding response times?

Or are we to assume you are just trotting out the usual dogma?

Also your ideas on the pricing are way off too.
Depends on the grade, the size needed. What if any signaling is required.
So really, you have not got a clue.

I really ought to accuse some of the people who called me in after getting a shock on the prices liars then I suppose.

£1500 for the alarm PLUS monitoring fee of £30 a month was not untypical.

Of course some alarm companies use a £99 alarm price deal to lure people to have a system with a silly decoy box and a contract for 3 yrs alarm monitoring at £30 a month and hidden premium rate phone charges and hidden expensive exit charges.

Thats just plain dishonesty.

What were they being offered for this £1500.00.?
Most diigis if used, use freephone numbers.
Other types of signalling piggy back the line so no cost.
Can also share a GSM unit FOC.
Or you can go IP.

Again when you know it correctly stop making out we rip people off.
We give quotes, they are either accepted or the custom goes to you.
Not the end of the world when you look at it like that is it.

Even your Yale panels have to dial out to mobiles do they not?
They free calls?

We give quotes, they are either accepted or the custom goes to you.
Not the end of the world when you look at it like that is it.

Even your Yale panels have to dial out to mobiles do they not?
They free calls?

Exactly which makes me wonder why you create such a fuss. I reckon 80% of my business comes from people who have already had a quote from a company and thought HOW MUCH??
You still get first bite of the Cherry though for sure.

Your anger should be aimed at those companies that go in with silly prices giving everyone a bad name and me an opportunity.

..and yes there is a huge difference between a call to your mobile on your own landline costing pennies and companies who set people up with premium rate numbers without telling them it will cost them money everytime they set or unset the alarm.

What anger?
I`m the one being attacked here, look at the title of the thread.
I have always tried to help, even when Yale questions are asked. Got all the manuals on USB now , and I have a large collection as I have to work on all sorts. Try working on a big Gal, manual is 306 pages, and thats one of them and its all in my head.

What I have said is that I dont like them as in Yale. Also a few have mentioned about DIY being fitted by someone else.
Find it a bit strange, but then again go to any Ikea and there are numbers advertising construction of flat packs.
It is you well mainly Spacedoutcat that try and rip into us.

Look at it differently, cars. You sell Minis, we sell Mercs.

Make more sence?

I think no one is here to cast disprage on anyone.
Well apart from the authour of this.
1st thing "WE" do is a RA Risk Assesment. We have to. And that includes physical security. Now some may not have alarms for insurance, but they have to have the correct locking systems. That is all I am trying to get across. Been doing this for over 25 yrs, bit hard not to start with the obivous.

So whilst it might be like repeating, its to another person asking a question.
How many times do we hear, MY ALARM GOES OFF IN A POWER CUT?

We, thats all of us know. Know its the kin battery.
Do you not get a bit miffed when there is a search faility here?
Yet give the same answers day in and out?
Your good with your stuff.
We are good with ours, and it is a hell of lot more involved.

Hope that clarifies things.
No need to argue.

Think thats all that needs saying.

For three days I was getting calls from my staff at 7am as the alarm was going off. ~~~~~~

An amateur who has staff ?

Do these staff also install DIY systems for other people ?

Oh dear, I'm keeping out of this one.

Its all been said before.

ps

Who's the one that got the last thread closed by using abusive language then?

i think i will also stay out of this thread, (other than to say that i am staying out of it).

like a number of other people on this site;

we are here to offer free advice and to try to sort out problems people have, whether it is a DIY system or a large integrated system that is in fault.

thats what we do,

me personally i don't like Yale. (other radio based systems are available)
we wont fit them (yale), we are not allowed to by our inspectorates regs, because they are non compliant.

but if a person wants to fit it, gets it wrong, Yaleguy gets it fixed, so what i really don't care.

our systems conform to the requirements, thats really all i care about, the security of our clients property.

nuff said

Alarm, see you on the other side mate.!

For three days I was getting calls from my staff at 7am as the alarm was going off. ~~~~~~

An amateur who has staff ?

Do these staff also install DIY systems for other people ?
And one who's apparently only advertised trading address is his home.
So,
Should we presume he does not own his home but rents it and that his Landlord had a proper alarm fitted by an accredited company?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsored Links
Back