Can we just suspend the "general" sub forum?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Given the onslaught of spam on the general sub forum, can we suspend it for the next couple of weeks?

xxx

Sponsored Links
Could do with a VIP code enabling for new users, it used to stop this kind of cr4p! :cautious:

I was being mischievous... the "general" normally descends into left Vs right arguments... I wouldn't miss it for a couple of weeks (but that is just my point of view).

In all seriousness, I would guess that this site gets clicks from people asking search engines for DIY advice and not from people want to discuss, for example, boats crossing the Channel.

Sponsored Links
Given the onslaught of spam on the general sub forum, can we suspend it for the next couple of weeks?

xxx
And, like, have to answer real DIY queries?? Noooooo...

Actually I suspect the forum gets a fair amount of ranking traffic from having General as a searchable forum. That is why the spamsters come here.

Actually I suspect the forum gets a fair amount of ranking traffic from having General as a searchable forum. That is why the spamsters come here.

It is definitely the case that this site ranks very, very highly on google, but I am pretty sure that has absolutely nothing to do with the fact that the site has the "general" sub forum.

I occasionally google, for example, a washing machine manufacturer code after seeing it on this site. I want to find other sites where it has been mentioned, often, the third result on google is this site.

Sponsored Links
Back