Can you buy a corner fitted gas fire?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
First off, rest assured I WILL NOT be fitting this if such a thing exists.
We are looking for a gas fire, mainly as a feature, but also for some background heating. We live in a bungalow and currently have UFH throughout. Which means we have no chimneys/chimney breasts. The only place we could put a fire is across the corner of the lounge and the only outside, flat wall is to the right of the front door.
Does anyone know if you can get such a thing and flue it out through the front wall. We have a 20-25' garden and a 6' high hedge between the garden and then a 12' stretch of sloping lawn to the public pavement outside.

Sponsored Links
They exist, google for "triangular gas fire"

This is one source but they are extremely expensive

Could you fit a balanced flue fire vent it through the wall in the corner then box it in. balanced flue gas fire
What I was thinking/hoping we could do was to mount the fire across the corner, and then run the flue through the wall using, perhaps, a 45º flue bend. Then put a diagonal shelf slightly above it to stand the TV on.
I know on a normal gas fire, flued up a chimney, you have to have a backplate across the chimney. Do you need such an arrangement with a balanced flue going through the wall?
The shelf would be removable for access to the flue/area for maintenance/checks.

Sponsored Links
Sorry guys, one more question. Do we need a fireproof/heatproof base for the fire to stand on, and if so, any recommendation? We have solid wood flooring, not suspended. Not sure of exact composition of subfloor but know there is wet UHF underneath.

Best have a look at a few and check the manufacturer's instructions. There is no same answer for every fire, but there should be clear guidance in the manuals.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back