Can you get toilets with a sightly higher waste outlet than standard?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all,
I am fitting a bathroom where the floor height is a little lower than usual. Its a new build so im yet to connect the outside waste pipe to the sewer. I bought a toilet from wickes for £50 and it seems the waste is too low and would come out of the building only a couple of cms above ground level. So I thought about getting one of those toilet plinths used by disabled peeps or in the care industry but I didnt want to affect the seat height. So I wondered is there any toilets available with different waste outlet heights? And if so... where can I get one?
Thanks for any help you may have

Sponsored Links
There is some variation in spigot heights. What height do you need?

Sponsored Links
From Wickes I would expect it to be bog standard.

Whilst there may be a little variation I would not expect it to be more than about 15 mm.

Just what extra height do you need?

Afternoon guys, thanks for the replies so far. The waste on the toilet I have is 180mm. I really need something about 6cms higher. I took a look at the other toilets in wickes yesterday and all I could find was one that was 1cm higher. So... I was going to make a couple of templates from 18mm thick plywood which would add a little under 4cms in height, then I was going to angle the waste pipe upwards by about 2cms using one of those flexi waste pipe things. I think that will do the trick and if its having trouble flushing then i'll add one more plywood spacer. This should do the trick unless someone else has any ideas?

Haha I like to think of it as a hurdle more than a hill. As soon as the waste pipe is outside the building it will be angled downwards. There is a gravel board skirting running around the building which is above a tanking wall. As soon as the pipe is clear of that then it will be angled correctly

Water level in pan will sit higher due to waste outlet incline, feet won't touch the floor due to raised pan , buttocks will get wet due to raised water line in pan...:ROFLMAO:

Raise the floor height?, add a plinth to base of loo?, fit wall mounted loo?

I did a phantom test poo and all checked out ok. I wasnt on tippy toes so it was all good :)

I would raise the floor height but the ceiling height is quite low already (1.9m at most). Luckily I dont have any lanky mates

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back