Toilet sending me round the bend

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
:oops: I,m updating my parents bathroom. I took out the old toilet (my first mistake of many) which was sat on a block of wood, so it married up with the waste outlet running through the wall to the stench pipe. I bought a new toilet with the intention of lowering the waste outlet, but then realised that the outlet is set so high to clear a bay window top. So when i offer up the new toilet the waste outlet is sat 75mm higher. Groan.
I made enquiries at a local plumbers merchant and they suggested sitting it on purpose made ceramic plinth (designed for disabled users) and another £70. Groan.
Is there any sort of u bend outlet/ flexi outlet i can use. I am conscious that the waste has to go up 75mm.

Any bright ideas would be appreciated.

Sponsored Links
Er, Snookered is one expression that comes to mind..... Water doesn't run up hill.

The height of the outlet controls the depth of the water seal in the pan.

An uphill outlet will in effect add a second trap, making it difficult, if not impossible to flush the pan effectively.

The waste will pool at the low point and run back into the pan, and the solids will soon cause a blockage.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back