Can you identify this fuse? (small one with pic!)

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi everyone

I need to replace this fuse which was in the circuit board of a florescent site light. It has some writing on it but all I can manage to read is 230-250V. It's 1 cm long

Sorry about the rubbish pic and cake crumb...

Thanks

SB
16000_15442_51590_55543908_thumb.jpg

Sponsored Links
It's a slow blow glass fuse
Should have a rating on it, something like T2A.
The ends that are connected to the soldered end, will come off, might be a rating underneath them!

Hi there

Thanks for the quick reply. I'll have to get a magnifying glass then as the writing is SOOOO small. No writing on the board underneath the fuse (well it says FU - which I hope stands for fuse....)...

Cheers

SB

The rating should be engraved on the end caps.

Usually they say 250V, then the rating would be T (time-delayed) or F (fast acting) followed by the fuse rating followed by a letter.

Sponsored Links
I'm sure it's there, but I'm now feeling a bit depressed as I'm obviously getting so old that I can't see it with out visual aids!

Thanks for the guidance

SB

Thanks, kid, unfortunately I do.....

But you find them in SELV transformers too, amongst other things.

Did you drop your task lamp?

I dropped mine. It was a 110V one with HF control gear, and I traced the problem down to that little fuse. I replaced it and it blew straight away, so in an attempt at kill or cure I put 5 amp fuse wire in it's place. Something on the PCB was shot and it started arcing like a big scary arcy thing.

Lamp in the bin and a new one bought. :evil:

I replaced it and it blew straight away, so in an attempt at kill or cure I put 5 amp fuse wire in it's place.
The fault-finder's last resort - fit a bigger fuse and see where the smoke comes out" ;)
My first "real" job was in a technical college, which had a load of ex-Navy Cossor oscilloscopes, mostly faulty. They had several different voltage rails in the power supply, and seemed to use each rail as a reference for the others, so I never did work out how the damn things were supposed to start up correctly. Had to use the "big fuse and trace the smoke" test quite often...

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back