Can you still get these?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I had a really nice PIR attached to my garage.

Fitted it about 14years ago.

It had two sets of outputs L1 and L2

L1 brought on two coach lights either side of the garage as low level courtesy lights from dusk till dawn.

If the PIR was triggered, then it brought these on full power and also pulled in L2 which triggered two 500w halgen lights I had rigged up externally.

The L1 switching side seems to have died and I cant find anyone doing these anymore.

I can see Screwfix do a dual level one, but not a dual output.

The way this one worked was perfect. Seems a shame they don't appear to be available anymore.

Thanks in advance.

Sponsored Links
Two 500watt lamps :eek:

Are you lighting up the Olympic Stadium or something?

No wonder the icecaps are melting.

I am too looking at getting a dual level pir for some outdoor down lights to be dim at idle then full on when triggered. Found the screw fix one but seems that u will have to wire up two separate lamps ( one for dim and one for full on)
What I really want us the same lamp to be dim and full on is there anything that can do this or could u wire up l1 l2 together to the same lamp?

Sponsored Links
Two 500watt lamps :eek:

Are you lighting up the Olympic Stadium or something?

No wonder the icecaps are melting.
I thought legal limit for domestic was 150W? I would think this loading is the problem. No wonder it died.

I think Part L around page 35 under "Fixed external lighting" lighting either has to produce 40 lumens per watt or be under 150W when fixed to the external surface of the dwelling.

I am too looking at getting a dual level pir for some outdoor down lights to be dim at idle then full on when triggered. Found the screw fix one but seems that u will have to wire up two separate lamps ( one for dim and one for full on)
What I really want us the same lamp to be dim and full on is there anything that can do this or could u wire up l1 l2 together to the same lamp?

My advice is for you to start a topic of your own and not to dig up a long dead topic tha belongs to somebody else.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back