canada

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
has anyone worked in canada or know what sort of thing they do plastering wise over there and how the visa system works

Sponsored Links
From watching tele they seem to do tape and join, so dont take a trowel, take a roll of p120 sandpaper.

im trying to find another country that do skimming as well as rendering and need plasterers, any ideas guys.
part from ireland, scotland and wales

Sponsored Links
some time ago a spread posted on here or was it another forum? anyway he emigrated to canada, and sourced out angle beads and a plaster he could skim with, he was trying to start up his plastering over there but it was all dry lining but he managed to get the materials he wanted, his next step if i remember rightly was to persuade the canadians to have there walls skimmed rather than dry lined, i wonder how he got on?

we had a spread help us out a few years back and he was an aussie,he also said that they done mostly tape and join,apparently the city he was living in there was only 1 proper plastering firm and he managed to get to work for them and learn,he said they were really busy.

gregers ask him the name of the company haha :LOL: .
i just fed up with all the tight fisted greedy builders over here now, quality doesnt seem to matter anymore, as long as it dnt cost them more than what they have in thier pockets at the time.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back