Candy 1012 dishwasher

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi when my dishwasher is turned on it starts to wash and after a few minutes it beeps until you turn it off. Can anyone advise me how to cure this problem.

Sponsored Links
Do you mean a Candy CDI1012-80? Check the door sticker. When it stops are any of the program LED's flashing in a repeating sequence? Can you post a photo of the control panel? There are several variations of this model.

Hi thanks for replying. It just says CDI1012 the only lights that flash are the ones for whatever setting you put it on to wash, it does not flash in any sequence

Thanks Martin

Can you post a photo of the control panel? If not...is this an integrated DW or freestanding?

Sponsored Links
Ok, try this:
Turn the machine off, open the door & close the soap dispenser. Press & hold down P1. While still holding down P1 turn the machine on. Release P1 & press it again twice within 10secs. If successful P1 & P2 should initially light up, then go dark again for 5 - 6 seconds. After which the last error stored in the Eeprom should appear (P1 & P2 flash in a repeating sequence). Note the number of flashes between pauses & post it here. Turn the machine off to exit. Can you also elaborate on the original fault symptoms? i.e what did the machine do/not do.

Hi Zipper

Have done what you said lights 1 & 2 flashed twice then stopped.

Originally we filled the dishwasher as usual and then turned it on. It started to wash ok then it stopped after about 5mins and it started bleeping. When we opened the door there was a couple of inches of water in the bottom.

Thanks Martin

Oh yeah, I forgot that....The passive test program only shows the error once, then it is wiped from the Eeprom. In the active test program the alarm is constant.
Anyhow E2 (2 flashes) signals that the machine can't read the water load & shuts down after 4-5mins. It is one of the following; Water pressure lower than 0.8 bar, kinked fill hose, clogged inline filters, bad solenoid valve, break in wiring, faulty pressure switch, or a defective pcb. A process of elimination I'm afraid. Start by checking the fill hose isn't kinked/squashed, the inline filters are clear, & the water supply/pressure is good.

Hi, have checked water going into machine, that is ok

where the water goes in there is a salt container with 2 compartments, 1 is filled with a brownish substance, should it be like that

Thanks Martin

The orange/brown stuff is supposed to be there.
Run an active test program to see if it throws up the same error, like this...
Close the soap dispenser then do exactly the same as mentioned earlier in the passive test sequence. When you get to the end of the procedure...close the door (don't switch it off first). A test program should run, let it complete & report any error code. Note while the test program is running P1 & P2 are lit (not flashing).

Have done as you asked it ran for 5 mins now it is bleeping and numbers 1 & 2 are flashing

Check for water issues as mentioned earlier. If everything is ok change out the pressure switch, they are not expensive http://www.buyspares.co.uk/level-switch-pack-of-2/product.pl?pid=1132104&query=41016499 When you order one quote the nameplate details (there were two different types fitted on the CDI1012). The serial number denotes which type you need. If in doubt call Candy & they'll tell you which one. If that doesn't solve the problem then the pcb is history.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back