Candy Aqua 1000 Washing machine erratic operation

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi.
Our Candy Aqua 1000 W/M is not draining and spinning all the time.

It will drain and spin the first time in a cycle but will just sit there at the end of the cycle full of water.
We have to turn the switch to the last part of the 8-9-10-Z cycle in order to get it to drain and spin.

Sometimes the W/M will just stop mid cycle and the switch will start to spin round and round through all the cycles endlessly ?

Because it will do a final drain and spin on one cycle and will do a mid drain and spin on other cycles I am guessing it is to do do with the switch rather than the pump,belt,motor etc

Can anyone suggest a possible cause and solution please. We have washing for 4x adults including a severely disabled incontinent and can't afford a new machine .
thank you

Sponsored Links
Make sure there are no buttons such as "rinse hold" pressed that should not be pressed. Check the filter.

thanks fidom for responding to my request for help.
it seems like there are few, if any , practising technicians on this forum anymore.

There isn't a rinse-hold button but I'll check the filter thanks.

I wondered if it might be waiting for the water to heat so we always wash with cold fill setting only but it has made no difference.

It always does a final drain and spin one cycle but never on any of the other cycles. ? which is odd. That suggests to me that the rotary timer switch might be faulty especially as the switch sometimes spins and spins through all the cycles endlessly

I don't know about the others but I retired from the trade in November 2011. You could ask on the UKWhitegoods forum as they are mostly practising appliance engineers. They will need the proper model number though, "Aqua 1000" is not adequate to identify your machine.

Sponsored Links
the only other identification that I ca see without pulling the machine out is CN100 ?
I'll pull the machine out on Monday and open it up and check everything .

Thanks for your help

It could be a faulty heater. If you have a multimeter you could check the heater resistance, which should be a few ohms.

funny you should mention that.! ;)

I read about that related fault on two other forums . We live in a very hard water area with big limescale problems. Its so bad, that great chunks of limescale build up on the cats teeth !

Ill test the heater while I'm in there on Monday. :D i thought that by setting the wash to cold fill only it would over-ride any potential heater problem .

Our Cold water pressure is extremely high and I might put in a restrictor valve while I have the machine out.

Setting it to cold fill only will guarantee that it needs to use its own heater. If you were filling with hot it might be warm enough not to need the heater. :rolleyes:

I hadn't given that much thought to be honest. I thought if the machine was set to cold wash it would not require either the heater or hot fill. ??

I'll try reducing the cold fill pressure so that the hot fill gets a chance to increase the temperature . I'll also try a hotter setting thanks.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back