Candy Aquaviva 1300. "Its eaten my shorts"

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
i'm not joking! The wifes last wash produced shorts and T shirts with holes. The washer is making a clicking noise and at the bottom of the drum thro the holes I can see a bright metallic object which using a small screwdriver I can move, the object does seem to be springed and appears to be part of the washer drum which has moved. So I need to get at the drum and if possible take it apart any suggestions on which is the easiest way? :confused:

Sponsored Links
Thanks for the reply Breezer.
Indeed it could be? but I still need to get it out. I am holding back the dismantling exercise to see if somebody can give me the best method.
mr bodgit.

i do not know your m/c but on a hotpoint we would take the pump off and see if we could get it out that way, or if that didn't work, take the heater out

Sponsored Links
As Breezer says, take the heater out, or alternatively take the sump hose off. You'll be able to fish it out through one of these ports.

My thanks to you both.
Mission accomplished. Manouvered the object to the back of the drum with a screwdriver, removed the bottom hose and fished it out.

Guess what? you were right the wire frame of a Bra. Both wife and daughter claiming they are not responsible, surely it can't be my sons!

Thanks mr.bodgit :D

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back