candy cdi 1012 integrated dishwasher stops mid cycle

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hi,
i'm having a problem with my dishwasher,when i put it on a cycle (happens on all cycles) about 10 minutes in, it stops ,there is water in the bottom which isn't hot and the tablet drawer isn't open , i then put it on a rinse and the water clears out , could it be the element??
thanks in advance

Allan H

Sponsored Links
Yes it could be a faulty element but it could also be a defective heater relay on the pcb, a break in wiring or bad connection in the heater circuit, or a faulty NTC. You could start by checking the heater resistance (should be somewhere between 20 & 25 ohms). If you require further information please state the product code on the door label, it should look something like this: 32900240.

zipper thanks for quick reply!!

i wouldn't know about checking heater resistance!! but i can tell you the product code its :MOD. CDI 1012/1-80 :32900082 0638 2299
would you know were i can locate the thermostat on this model??
they don't seem to cost too much so i could start with replacing that first!!

thanks again!
Allan H

Before I can answer you questions could you look at the rear of the machine (at the bottom/centre of the tank). Do you see a protrusion at the bottom of the tank that's covered with a plastic casing? If you have one it ought be above & to the right of of the inlet hose (dead centre). There were several modifications on these models & I don't want to give you any wrong information.

Sponsored Links
Forget the post above, I'm pretty sure what we have here now.
The heater element is mounted vertically in the pipe that feeds water to the upper spray arm, & the heater terminals can be accessed by removing the plastic cover at the back of the tank. There is a pressure sensor screwed in the bottom of the tank (they do malfunction occasionally). Your machine needs to fill min 4 litres of water to function correctly, underfilling could cause wash motor cavitation & in turn prompt the pressure sensor to cut heater supply. There is temp-sensor (NTC) it is mounted in the sump & a malfunction could cause a no-heat problem, but these don't fail very often. So you need to eliminate possible component faults one by one until the culprit is found. I would attack it as follows: check heater resistance (if you can), then check for underfilling, pressure sensor function, wiring issues, & NTC integrity....if everything checks out ok then the pcb is faulty. To put it into cost: a new heater would put you back around 20 pounds, pressure switch 12, NTC 10, & pcb 70.

zipper thanks for your help but i'm in over my head here i think its time to call in a pro!! i took off the grey plastic mount and what i see is the terminals but i don't wanna risk damaging the machine even more!

thanks again
Allan H

hi. i've got the exact same problem. it's a long time ago but do you remember what the fault was in the end?
thanks, don

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back