candy cdi1012

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I'm an electrician to trade but could do with some pointers on my candy cdi 1012 dishwasher. Have had it for 7 years and it has been great. Now it is not working.
This is what happens.
I select program, shut the door, the inlet valve works and you can here the water entering. The drain pump definitely works because I can here water getting pumped out. so water is getting in and coming out. But no water enters the washer . The spray arms don't move, I have checked this. So it must be the main circulation pump right?
I have checked the following:
inlet filter is clean
inlet valve seems to be functioning
drain pump seems to drain

The main circulation pump. I don't see no capacitor so it must be a permanent magnet pump right? How do you test these?
I actually put an ohm meter across the motor and I am getting continuity through the motor. Will take the motor to work and put 230v across it just to see if it is working.

would appreciate any pointers in getting my dishwasher working again

thanks

Scott
scottygio Whitegoods Newbie
Whitegoods Newbie Posts: 1Joined: Fri Jun 06, 2014 7:50 pm

Sponsored Links
Well the motor is okay. I tested it out on a workbench and the pump runs fine. I definitely hear water entering the system and every time I try the dishwasher from start again the drain pump empties the water that has entered. The water is just not entering the drum and moving the spray arms. Any pointers?

cheers

Scott

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back