Candy CFS 4570 EX only fills and pumps (2 fault lights)

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I would appreciate any ideas regarding this annoying problem.

My Candy cfs 4570 EX dishwasher fills and then stops (as the water level valve clicks), then there is a 1 minute pause, followed by the water being pumped out. The machine does this twice and then the first 2 lights flash - indicating there's not enough water inside. I have adjusted the water level valve to the maximum level of water allowed in the dishwasher, and still the problem persists.

Can the Water level valve be faulty even though it switches and stops the water?? Are there any other kinds of flow meters in this dishwasher?

The water level valve did have some water inside it, but I dried it and tested it and all seems to be good, but maybe in operation it's faulty?

Thank you

Sponsored Links
Are you sure the model number is right?
Normally on a Candy DW's this error signals a problem with the "liter counter" (if fitted on your model).

Thanks for the reply zipper.

The model number is correct, but it's a European model, so might not be listed in UK catalogues.

I can't find any other flow meter, but where would it usually be positioned? The only place I haven't looked is on the sides of the dishwasher, where the water enters the inside of the dishwasher.

The unit is just over 2 years old, so should compare with similar Candy dishwashers.

Many thanks

The liter counter if fitted on the air-break tank on the LH side. You'll need to remove the sideplate. It is at the bottom & has two leads attached. There have been some problems with a bad connecters on these devices. Yours is likely suffering from the same sickness. If the pcb doesn't receive impulses from the liter counter the machine will fill until the anti-flood contacts on the pressostat trip in. The pressostat cuts the water supply but the pcb remains in load phase until it times-out around 10mins later. Then you get a missing water load error. The connector plug is the weak link. If you want a more reliable long term solution you could clip off the plug & carefully solder the two wires directly onto the card connections. That should get you going again ;)

Sponsored Links
Great information Zipper. That gives me a sound base for investigation tomorrow!!

So the pressostat doesn't do anything other than measure the level? Just a simple on off pressure activated switch?

You're spot bang on with your analysis, as it does indeed timeout after 10 minutes of inactivity when running the service program.

I will report back tomorrow evening with the, hopefully successful, results.

Many thanks ;)

Sure enough Zipper. The liter counter was on the tank, soaking wet and corroded. I soldered the wires directly on as instructed and, hey presto, it's working superbly.

First I had to re-adjust the pressostat to let in a bit more water, as i'd fiddled with it beforehand. Once it was back to factory levels, the cleaning action kicked in immediately!! Well chuffed to get it working again :D

Superb diagnosis from Mr Zipper. You're an absolute star.

Merry Xmas!!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back