Candy CMD146 Washer/Dryer, no heat

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all, hoping to bounce some ideas for this problem around some people that know a lot more about appliance repair than I do!

My CMD146 washer/dryer is no longer heating up in the drum with both tumble dryer heating modes. Opened up the top of the machine and found that there's plenty of heat in the top chamber, but it's not coming down into the drum. Connected to this chamber with the heater in it there's a fan unit. I suspected this of being faulty since my theory was that it's not pushing the heat down into the drum. Then I thought about it some more and it twigged that this might be part of the condensing function and that fan might be nothing to do with getting heat into the drum. I've replaced it anyway, but sadly it hasn't helped (and was a bit of a pig to change, typical eh?)

The thermostats with resets check out ok, but the central disc thermostat seems to read no resistance constantly. Could this be the problem and the reason the heat isn't being pushed down into the drum??

Thanks for any pointers!

Pic here so you can see what I'm on about:

Sponsored Links
If the heater box is getting hot I would not worry about thermostats or temperature sensors. It sounds like you have a fluff build up somewhere. Have you checked the air pathway from the front of the heater box into the drum? Other possibilities include a blockage in the condenser and failure of the water solenoid valve that supplies the condensing water. These are less likely though, as the drum would normally still get hot.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back