Candy Grand'o 146 7 blinks

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I tried a search to see if I could find anything in the older posts here on the site since google gave me absolutely 0.

There have been repeated 3s, 8's, two 14s and one 16 from the ones Ive read but sadly I need the 7.

Im not 100% sure on the model as Im going from my head right now but I usually remember things right so....

All(error code)knowing Zipper(or anyone else who might know the answer), bless me with your knowledge if you can.

If I can just get directed in the general direction I can usually manage myself or in worst case with my dad. Im into electronics, hes an electrician.

Thanks in advance.
Kalabin from Sweden.

Sponsored Links
God kväll Kalabin,
7 flashes could indicate one of two things depending which electronic platform is installed. An MDL platform could indicate a motor issue (often a jammed motor or drum). An INVENSYS platform could indicate a defective door interlock. Be aware that although error codes are often a good help in diagnosis they can also be wildly misleading at times.
Lycka till!

Thanks for the fast reply.

Seems kinda ambigous though. The drum works fine I think. Ive never seen any symptoms of being unable to spin it even with todays heavy load. Id bet on the door lock since it happens at the end of a program and even it doesnt hang up the door lock LED stays lit even after the door lock has been released. It works fine like 1/5 washes with the exception of the doorlock LED staying lit.

Also today it felt like the 60 program was way longer than it should have been. Felt 3 hour-ish and as far as I know should only be half of that but I didnt actually time it so who knows?

Havent really taken a look inside it yet. It still has 4 more years of insurance so I think I'll just find some place to hand it in instead of doing the work. I really just wanted to know if it was a simple "5 minute to solve" problem like error code 3 is.

Now I just have to find out where to turn in old Onoff stuff...

Sponsored Links
If you have extended insurance/warranty then I wouldn't hesitate to take advantage of it. If you dig around in there yourself you could risk invalidating your warranty altogether. Door interlock issues are very common. When they short out completely they have an annoying habit of taking the pcb with it. I am pretty sure that since your model is fairly new it will have an INVENSYS platform. Which ties up with the error code and the symptoms you describe. Save yourself washing downtime, bruised knuckles & unnecessary cost...get a professional to sort it out free of charge :D

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back