CANDY TUMBLE DRYER

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
CAN ANYONE ADVISE ME ?
MY CANDY DRYER WON'T START BUT GOES WHEN U SPIN DRUM IT RUN FOR A SHORT WHILE THEN NEEDS A PUSH SPIN AGAIN :(

Sponsored Links
Where is the capacitor located? I cant get the drum off to access the motor. Thanks

Sponsored Links
Hi, it's candy goc58f. Looks like it's built from the bottom up. I've stripped most of it but need xirxlip pliers if taking the drum off. Thanks

These models are welded on 3 sides so only way in is from the front. You shouldn't really need to remove the drum. Once the front & lower panel are off release the belt tension by taking it off the jockey pulley (you will probably have to remove the outer fan first). Once that's done you ought to be able to see the motor & capacitor on the RH side. If you find there is still too little room to get at the capacitor then you'll have to remove the drum. The capacitor is 7.5uf which you may find difficult to source...if so use 8uf.

Thanks for that. I can get to it. Is it the metal cylinder about 3 inches long? If so it looks like 1 bolt I can get at easily. Feels like the wires are soldered on but I can see the next connection. If this is it?

Yes that is it. Usually they have an 8mm mounting stud at the bottom & two spade connectors at the top. Remove the nut & spades, it doesn't matter which way the leads go.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back