Cannes Bath - A tiling challenge!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
We've bought a fancy Cannes bath which we're now having problems tiling around.

It's an odd shape (see http://www.vandabaths.com/uk/bath.php?b=cannes). It does have a lip which could be tiled on to and could be fixed to the wall with battons but curves out at the 'end'. The curve means that (a) it will also need tiling 'up to' from below as the area which would be boxed in on a conventional bath is visible and (b) there will need to be some clever tiling to cope with the curve.

The plan was to tile down to the bath on two sides (the flat edge and one of the long sides which curves out) but the tiler and builder are now saying that they want to tile the walls and floor and then just rest the bath against the tiles and seal with layers of quadrant tiles and gunk. Having spent years struggling with mouldy quadrant tiles which had been retrofitted to our last bath I'm not keen to revisit them - especially as the first fit on such a gorgeous piece of kit.

Does anyone have any good ideas about how to fit this fella? From other messages on the forum it looks like people recommend tiling down to a bath. Is this preferable to the solution my tiler's suggesting? Is it even possible in this case given the curve out - the tiler's not at all keen to do this!

I fear the bath might be appearing on ebay soon if I don't figure this out soon!

Thanks for any suggestions. Fran

Sponsored Links
Welcome

Sorry I can't help with an answer but your link doesn't open when clicked on, you need to remove the ) from the end of the address.

Also there is a separate tiling forum and your post might be better off there. But make sure you mention your question has been cross posted if you do post in there as well. (Keep the mods happy)

Good luck.

Thanks for your helpful reply. You see how dopey I am - I thought I was in the tiling section! I'll try that again. Sorry for posting in the wrong place.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back