curved bathroom wall around bath

apm

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all, new here- looks like a great forum.

Basically, we've just had our bathroom plastered, and the plasterer has made a lolvely job of maintaining the curve between two of the walls (there's a redundant rusty iron pipe underneath, which is why the curve is there). Trouble is, this curve is in the corner above where the bath will go, and thus needs a waterproof covering. I was planning to tile, but the curve will make it very tricky. I'm reluctant to hack away the fresh plaster and actually like the curve. We were thinking of using mosaic tile possible to cross the curve, but any other suggestions would be welcome. Are any of the bathroom paints waterproof enough to use on their own? We have a separate shower cubicle, but the bath will get some kiddy use, so this area will need to be pretty waterproof.

Many thanks in advance for suggestions,

Alex.

Sponsored Links
hi there you could use dulux bathroom paint no sheen dulux eggshell with a soft sheen or dulux trade diamond eggshell any of these are waterproof to a certain amount of water from the chilren i have dulux trade 10x tougher quick drying eggshell in my own bathroom its quite expensive but worth it can also be used on ceilings and woodwrks

Many thanks for your response. I had thought of using paint, but the wife is concerned about the waterproofing as we have had some leakage already through the wall concerned. I'd be happy with paint, but there you go!

For information, we have happened upon a solution- we will use a thin piece of wood to turn the curve into a flat diagonal across the corner, which means we will be able to tile all the way around the corner using regular tiles.

Thanks again,

BW to all,

Alex.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back