cannon cambridge ovens wont work!!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hi lads both my ovens wont work tho the rings will and when i plug in back into the elec socket it blows the fuse in the plug..any ideas lads lasses???

Sponsored Links
If it blows the fuse, how do you know the rings work?
Unless this is a separate connection!
Ovens?
More than one?

is it gas rings or electric rings?

how many ovens has it got?

what makes you think the load is low enough to supply it from a 13A plug and socket?

when did it last work, and what has changed since then?

How does this relate to your previous "oven blowing fuse" question, when you later said it was a gas oven?

//www.diynot.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=216685

Or are you just trying to pull our ******** legs?

Sponsored Links
hi the fact that both ovens are not working makes me think the problem is someware between the plug,and where the lead is connected in the oven before it splits to each oven

is it gas rings or electric rings?

how many ovens has it got?

what makes you think the load is low enough to supply it from a 13A plug and socket?

when did it last work, and what has changed since then?

How does this relate to your previous "oven blowing fuse" question, when you later said it was a gas oven?

//www.diynot.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=216685

Or are you just trying to pull our ******** legs?

just noticed your last quote no i'm not messing you about it's a spare oven/cooker we have and i need to get it up and running it's a genuin plea for help honest!!

hi ....no cant be the ffd,there is one for each oven,and its imposible for them to make the fuse blow ,.....but any way,it can only be an electical fault as it keeps blowing the fuse.have you checked previous suggestions.,posted to you

hi ....no cant be the ffd,there is one for each oven,and its imposible for them to make the fuse blow ,.....but any way,it can only be an electical fault as it keeps blowing the fuse.have you checked previous suggestions.,posted to you

hi fella just checked the wiring from the plug right back behind the metal plate at the back of the cooker right down at the bottom anyway all was ok no bad wiring everything where and how it should be etc so i refitted the fuse plugged in and bang the fuse went again this is doing my head in cos at this rate the missus is'nt gonna have an oven for xmas lol..

It has to be an electrical fault then!
Have you tested the flex/cable? the insulation could have failed and causing it to short out.
If that's not it, have a look at the internal wiring of the cooker and the condition it is in.

It has to be an electrical fault then!
Have you tested the flex/cable? the insulation could have failed and causing it to short out.
If that's not it, have a look at the internal wiring of the cooker and the condition it is in.

could it be the solonoid behind the clock timer i wonder maybe i could disconect that then see if it still trips out??

my next prob is how the heck do i get the top off my cooker to get to the timer??

anyone know where i can download info on cannon cookers??

thanks for your advice lads i never did sort it out as i saw/spotted on ebay someone selling a cannon double oven the same as mine but it has a fan assisted oven as well my old cooker did'nt have 1 anyway i won it duly drove to leicster from s.wales plugged it in and all works fine total cost inc fuel etc 55 quid the wife is a happy bunny again lol..thanks again andy..

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back