Cannot remove drum from tumble dryer. Please help! Desperate

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi folks.

Apologies for making a new thread I know I have a similar one slightly below. I am desperate to fix this tumble dryer money is super tight at the moment and it would help massively If I could fix this myself.

It's a Hoover link HL C9DF-80 likely a faulty sensor but I can't get the bloody drum out to access it below.

I've scoured the Internet rang hoover, even gone as far as to message part sellers on eBay I can't get help with this. I've tried my absolute best to get the drum out, I've taken out every screw and every nut but it won't come out. I am assuming it's similar to the picture of the shaft I've added but I can't be sure.

Any help would be massively appreciated thanks again!

Attachments

• IMG_20220318_204929.jpg
    IMG_20220318_204929.jpg
    175.7 KB · Views: 114
  • IMG_20220320_134851.jpg
    IMG_20220320_134851.jpg
    194.3 KB · Views: 114
  • IMG_20220320_134903.jpg
    IMG_20220320_134903.jpg
    344.5 KB · Views: 122
  • IMG_20220320_134857.jpg
    IMG_20220320_134857.jpg
    227 KB · Views: 114
  • Screenshot_20220323_233600_com.android.chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20220323_233600_com.android.chrome.jpg
    128.4 KB · Views: 123
Sponsored Links
Drill the rivets out?

I've never done anything like that before so do I just drill through the 3 holes in the drum and it will release? I believe I need to buy a kit to put it back together again is that right?

I don't want to destroy it beyond repair.

If you have tried everything else then this is probably what needs doing? Drill the heads off the rivets, then rivet it back on after (using stainless steel rivets). Seems like a crazy bit of design to remove the drum!

I've never done anything like that before so do I just drill through the 3 holes in the drum and it will release? I believe I need to buy a kit to put it back together again is that right?

I don't want to destroy it beyond repair.

Sponsored Links
If you have tried everything else then this is probably what needs doing? Drill the heads off the rivets, then rivet it back on after (using stainless steel rivets). Seems like a crazy bit of design to remove the drum!

This is what I've heard and every other video I've watched including similar models it just comes off after removing the screw for the bearing or lifting it out.

Im at a total loss and really need to get it fixed I may jsut need to bite the bullet and get an appliance repair man in but I really didn't want to it's taking away little savings I had put aside :/

This is what I've heard and every other video I've watched including similar models it just comes off after removing the screw for the bearing or lifting it out.

Im at a total loss and really need to get it fixed I may jsut need to bite the bullet and get an appliance repair man in but I really didn't want to it's taking away little savings I had put aside :/

I don't know that model, so can't 100% say - but if you drill those rivets out the 2 things could happen 1) it releases 2) it doesn't release, so your'e either sorted, or no further away or no further toward your goal.
You can buy an ok ish riveter for £10 on ebay or sometimes lidl
I'd be very tempted to go for it . If you get a repair person in and they drill the rivets and hey presto it's out, you'll kick yourself and be £100 fighter on the wallet , which it sounds like you can't afford.

I bet you simply undo a cap-nut via the opening on the back side.

Just looked at the photo's a bit closer. Just take the back panel off?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back