Canon PowerShot G2 camera screws.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all, I've got a Canon PowerShot G2 camera which is missing 2 screws retaining the front part. These are tiny cross-headed screws of some sort. Tried a computer shop - "nothing that small", tried a jeweller's "nothing that big". Tried a Camera shop, not got them either (!). Obviously I need to be a bit careful - if a screw was too long then when you tighten it it could make contact with circuitry inside. I'd be grateful for any ideas. Thanks in advance.
- Terry.

Sponsored Links
You have two options:

1. contact the manufacturer.

2. locate an identical camera and remove a screw. Get an engineering workshop to determine its size and thread type.

Thanks Sam Gangee - I've emailed Canon. Finding a simliar cam or even if possible) finding out if any of the other screws on this one are the same is a good idea.

Sponsored Links
Thanks guys. Denso13, yes in that diagram the screws are those numbered 30 at the bottom of page 2, then page three says 30 CD1-4031-000 class F standard screws and washers - but doesn't give their specs as far as I can see. I guess I can quote that part number to Canon though. Thanks very much.

Ebay has a couple for spares or repair as well, 6-7 quid including delivery, which would give you some other bits and pieces.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back