can't find replacement transformer for bathroom fan

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

Our bathroom fan failed. I checked the transformer (240V in/12V SELV AC out, timed) and it is the actual problem (no output). I swapped the faulty transformer with an identical model from the other bathroom and the fan worked again, so I know that the problem is with the original transformer. My mate looked at it and said there was an open circuit in the primary coil.

I'd like to simply replace the transformer with something equivalent and thought that they would be easy to find but haven't managed to do so yet. Can someone point me in the right direction? Here's a pic of the item. It's a timed transformer.

GALLERY]

Sponsored Links
Thank you! Out of interest, what words did you google? I'm usually fairly competent with this sort of thing but for some reason could only find entire fan assemblies.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back