Can't get toilet clean!!!!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

We have moved into a rented property and I can't for the life of me get the bottom of the toilet bowl clean!

Ive put rubber gloves on and used a scrubber and scrubbed and scrubbed! Ive used lots of cleaninf products and even false denture tablets! It just looks AWFUL! What can I do?

Thank you

Attachments

• received_10214069510144330-1.jpg
    received_10214069510144330-1.jpg
    298.2 KB · Views: 232
Sponsored Links
Soda crystals, leave them soaking overnight.

And then a pan scourer

Soda crystals, leave them soaking overnight.

And then a pan scourer

Ive used a pan scourer and sprays and dental tablets (which loads of people recommended). I will try soda crystals.

Sponsored Links
A bottle of descaler from world of quid. Mop the water out first and leave overnight.

Nice job :cautious:
Have cleaned them,first remove all the water Ok there will be an awfull smell (y),dry the dirty china.

Apply kilrock descale gel,leave for 2 hours then give it a gentle scour with a used scouring pad.Re apply the gel and wait an hour.

Use some kilrock descale liquid on a scouring pad rubbing away the gel,it works as long as the china is not to scored by abrasive products.

Alternatively the dirt can be scraped off but this needs to be done carefully.Have used an old screwdriver where the sharp sides have rounded off and gently scrape and the dirt will turn into dust .Ok now there are some what looks like scratch marks on the china but they are just a minute amount of metal from the screwdriver blade and easily cleaned off with cif cream with micro crystals.

Always test a small area first and consider your safety with chemicals.

Last edited by a moderator:
just one last word of advice. absolutely do not mix acidic products with bleach...

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back